Are you currently experiencing an urgent or emergency repair?
Firstly, if this is a life threatening emergency, such as fire, please contact 000.
If this is a Sydney Water issue, please call 13 20 92. If this is an Ausgird issue please call 13 13 88.
Please also call our office on 9792 2799.
If your are experiencing an urgent repair outside of our normal office hours, there is specific legislation that MUST be followed, as per clause 19 of your lease agreement.
List of repairs considered 'urgent' are as follows:
(a) a burst water service,
(b) an appliance, fitting or fixture that uses water or is used to supply water that is broken or not functioning properly, so that a substantial amount of water is wasted,
(c) a blocked or broken lavatory system,
(d) a serious roof leak,
(e) a gas leak,
(f) a dangerous electrical fault,
(g) flooding or serious flood damage,
(h) serious storm or fire damage,
(i) a failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to the premises,
(j) a failure or breakdown of any essential service on the residential premises for hot water, cooking, heating, cooling or laundering,
(k) any fault or damage that causes the premises to be unsafe or insecure.
Urgent repair procedure:
1. If your repair is listed above, you must gives or make a reasonable attempt to give the landlord notice of the damage, please both call & email to report the repair.
2. As the tenant, you must give the landlord a reasonable opportunity to make the repairs. Depending on the severity of the situation 'reasonable' could vary from hours to days (e.g. if you only have a blocked toilet and it is your only toilet, this is more urgent than if you have 3 toilets and only 1 is blocked). Please also consider if this repair can wait until our office reopens.
3. You then need to make a reasonable attempt to use our preferred tradesperson to make the repairs:
- Handyman - Brad - 0419 666 798
- Plumber - Geoff - 0431 578 594
- Electrician - Tass - 0419 026 164